Carolina Horsepower

Go Back   Carolina Horsepower > Everything Else > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
04ctd

Default local Daily Devotions

guy here in town writes these, i will try & post them, because some of them are really good. here's the one for yesterday:

Subject: Devotion: A Mother's Work

A Mother’s Work

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother - which is the first commandment with a promise - that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth" (Ephesians 6:1-3).

One of the great tragedies of society today is the minimizing of the work performed daily by stay-at-home moms. Women who decide to stay home to raise their kids are a rare breed indeed. They must overcome the stigma of comparison to others who pursue careers outside the home. They fail to get the feelings of accomplishment that can come from a career. They are the unseen missionaries of our day. There will be a special reward for these selfless servants.

Without the commitment of our stay-at-home moms we would not have some of our greatest leaders. "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother," said Abraham Lincoln.

Though poor, Ida Stover was determined to go to college. She scraped together enough money to attend Lane College in Lecompton, Kan., where she met fellow student David Eisenhower. She was known as a firm but gentle disciplinarian and was deeply religious. It is said she once won a prize for memorizing 1,365 Bible verses. As a pacifist, she was not in favor of her son attending West Point but decided to let him go. She was the mother of Dwight David Eisenhower, one of the greatest U.S. presidents.

Mary Litogot grew up on a farm, and met her future husband, William Ford, when he came to work on their farm. She was 12 and he was 26. They married nine years later. Mary was self-sufficient and a diligent worker. Henry later attributed his clean factories to her belief in cleanliness. She encouraged his interest in machines early on. He later said, "I have tried to live my life as my mother would have wished. I believe I have done, as far as I could, just what she hoped for me." She was the mother of Henry Ford.

Has God called you to be a stay-at-home mom? Know that your obedience and sacrifice will be recognized by the Lord.

THANK GOD FOR ALL OUR MOTHERS AND TO EVERY MOTHER READING THIS, “HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY”
1 Timothy 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.
04ctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
04ctd

Today:

Praying for Wisdom

"If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault and will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double minded man, unstable in all he does." James 1.5 – 7

This promise is one of the most powerful tools in the toolbox of a business owner or business leader running his company or organization for Christ or our personal lives. Do you lack wisdom? I do - daily. There are so many issues involved in running a company that we are continually operating beyond our knowledge and experience base. In fact, God intentionally arranges circumstances and events to force us to operate well beyond our personal capabilities. One of the reasons lies with this verse.

When there is a change in the marketplace and it is unclear whether that change will be beneficial or detrimental to the company, and it is unclear how to respond to it - we need to simply go and ask God what to do next. He has promised to respond. Especially if we have yielded control of the company to Him, then He will show us how to run His company, and if we yield control of our lives He will do the same. When we come up against a technical issue that we do not know how to solve, then we need only to go and ask God what to do and He will tell us without reproach. (After all, He is the master engineer who created all this and knows how it works.) When we are having difficulty with an employee, and do not know how to respond in a way that would be beneficial to the employee, beneficial to the company, and honoring to Christ - this promise tells us to simply go ask God and He will tell us what to do, and also in our daily lives we should do the same.

But the basis of this asking is faith - believing that what God has said is true. This is a common characteristic of all of God's promises; we must believe the promise to be true for us to receive what is promised. Verses 7 and 8 explicitly tell us that unbelief indicates instability and such a man should not expect to receive anything from God. Faith is the key to the Kingdom: "for without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11.6). Therefore, before we ask for wisdom we must ask ourselves: "Do I believe this promise to be true?” If I do, then I should ask, fully expecting to receive the wisdom I have sought. If I do not believe the promise to be true, then I need to examine my heart and my relationship with God to see where the problem lies.

Wisdom is probably the greatest asset that we can have as businessmen serving Christ in the marketplace and in our personal lives. It is to be prized above all else (Proverbs 3.13-18). Seek it frequently. Build a relationship with God so strong that your natural response to any issue is to go ask God what to do, to seek His wisdom. Then, be sure to thank Him for what He has done. Make it a habit to continually praise Him and thank Him for the wisdom He has given each day.

------------
he sends them out with a picture, if you want the email & the pic, LMK and I will send you his info
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
04ctd

“Commitment”

By Scott Hunter

When you make a vow to God, do not delay to fulfill it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. 5 It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it. (Ecclesiastes 5:4-5)

As we walk with God in our Christian lives, we should be moving forward in fulfilling our destinies. One key ingredient to do this is commitment. Too often, we are moved with emotions and make commitments that we do not keep. Ecclesiastes 5:4-5, Numbers 30:2 and Deuteronomy 23:21-23 talks about the vows we make. According to these scriptures, God takes our commitments strongly. If God looks at them strongly, so should we. We must become people of our word. Your word is the most valuable currency you possess. We need to realize that when we give our word and don’t keep it, we are sowing wrong seeds into our future. Proverbs 16:3 says to commit our works to the Lord and our thoughts will be established. One of the greatest enemies we have is our mind. It can talk us out of fulfilling what we have said, if we are not careful. According to Psalms 37:4-5, when we delight our self in the Lord, we will commit our ways and trust in Him. God gauges blessings on obedience. Jesus says in Luke 16:10-12, that if we cannot be faithful in the little or what is someone else’s, and then we cannot be trusted with greater. Finally, let us look at the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30. The master gave each one according to their ability. We must understand that God will not require more than He has given us. He simply wants us to do the best we can with what we have been given. That is excellence. The servants that took what they were given and did something with it the master rewarded; but the one who took what he had and did nothing, was punished. It’s very simple. Take what God gives you and use it. Ask the Lord what you should be doing, make the commitment, and see it through. If you follow these simple steps, God will reward you. There is nothing more fulfilling in life than being in the will of God!

I encourage you to check out Scott’s new You Tube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/CFGMUSA and his website at www.compassionfireandglory.org
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #4
ForceFed4g63

If you have the time just post them on here like you're doing, I'll read them.
ForceFed4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
04ctd

ok Jake, ...do you play golf? Glenn might have wrote this one for you..

Failing Forward

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14).

Back in the 1970's, Tom Watson was the up and coming golfer on the PGA Tour. But time after time, when Tom led a tournament coming into the last round, he would choke, bogey a few holes, and finish in the middle of the pack. Soon, the media began calling him a "choker." That kind of criticism only increases the pressure and the tendency to choke.

In an interview with Guy Yocom for Golf Digest, Watson said, "Everybody has choked. In the 1974 U.S. Open, I kept hitting the ball right to right. My nerves wouldn't allow me to adjust. That's what choking is being so nervous you can't find a swing or a putting stroke you can trust."

How did Watson overcome his tendency to choke? "Byron gave me the best cure for it," Watson recalled, referring to Byron Nelson, the legendary golf pro of the 1930s and '40s. "[Byron said], 'Walk slowly, talk slowly, deliberately do everything more slowly than you normally do. It has a way of settling you down."* That advice helped Tom Watson overcome his nervousness. He went on to win many tournaments, including five British Opens.

Everybody fails. It's part of the process that leads us to maturity and success. Most successful entrepreneurs have been through a number of failures in life, but they usually don't think of their failures as defeats. They think of them as lessons.

My failures have served to help many people who are also experiencing failure in their lives. God will always have a redeeming value in our failures if we let Him reveal His life through them.

If you hope to succeed, learn everything you can from your failures.

*Os Hillman, Upside of Adversity, Regal Books, Ventura, CA p. 195, 2006
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #6
04ctd

Fruitful Suffering

..."It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering." - Genesis 41:52

Joseph named his second son Ephraim. Ephraim was given to him after he had been delivered from his suffering of 13 years. Joseph said that he named him this because God had made him fruitful in the land of his suffering. Ephraim means "twice fruitful."

Joseph was fruitful in two instances. He was fruitful during his time of adversity and in his prosperity. When God brings us into a time of suffering, it can be a fruitful time. It's rare for us to see the fruit during the suffering period. But know that the roots are going deep into the spiritual soil of our soul because of our pressing in to God during our time of suffering. This is producing a work in our character that cannot be seen until it finishes the process. Such was the case for Joseph.

It was not until several years after such a time of suffering that I began to see the fruit of the trials that the Lord allowed me to experience. How grateful I am to understand some of the "why" that has led to a new life in Him that I would never have had without this period.

Samson had great anointing but lacked character. We see many today who have great anointing yet lack character. But God is rising up Josephs who not only have great anointing for these days but also great character. Suffering produces character.

If you find yourself in a time of suffering, now is the time to press into God. Let your roots grow deeper. Whenever there is a famine, tree roots are forced to drive deeper into the soil to find water. These times are designed to create such a deep-rooted faith that our natures will be changed forever.
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
04ctd

Default If I do not trust Him with all, I will eventually not trust Him at all.

there should be a video of this, for the 5/18 service:
http://newspring.cc/watch

If I do not trust Him with all, I will eventually not trust Him at all.

Proverbs 3:5-6
===============
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
---------------
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

#1 – Financially
===============
Financially.

Proverbs 3:9-10
===============
Proverbs 3:9-10 (NIV)
---------------
Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

#2 – Relationally
===============
Relationally.

Philippians 2:3-5
===============
Philippians 2:3-5 (NIV)
---------------
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

#3 – Spiritually
===============
Spiritually.

2 Chronicles 33:2-6
===============
2 Chronicles 33:2-6 (NIV)
---------------
He did evil in the eyes of the Lord, following the detestable practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before the Israelites.
He rebuilt the high places his father Hezekiah had demolished; he also erected altars to the Baals and made Asherah poles. He bowed down to all the starry hosts and worshiped them.
He built altars in the temple of the Lord, of which the Lord had said, “My Name will remain in Jerusalem forever.”
In both courts of the temple of the Lord, he built altars to all the starry hosts.
He sacrificed his children in the fire in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, practiced divination and witchcraft, sought omens, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the eyes of the Lord, arousing his anger.

2 Chronicles 33:9-13
===============
2 Chronicles 33:9-13 (NIV)
---------------
But Manasseh led Judah and the people of Jerusalem astray, so that they did more evil than the nations the Lord had destroyed before the Israelites.
The Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they paid no attention.
So the Lord brought against them the army commanders of the king of Assyria, who took Manasseh prisoner, put a hook in his nose, bound him with bronze shackles and took him to Babylon.
In his distress he sought the favor of the Lord his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his ancestors.
And when he prayed to him, the Lord was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so he brought him back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the Lord is God.

If I do not trust Him with all, I will eventually not trust Him at all.
===============
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.

Last edited by 04ctd; 05-19-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #8
04ctd

Some Proven Weapons in the Fight for Holiness
A great article from Desiring God

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live (Romans 8:13)

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Ephesians 6:17)

When Paul says to put to death the deeds of the body “by the Spirit” (Romans 8:13), I take him to mean that we should use the one weapon in the Spirit’s armor that is used to kill. Namely, the sword, which is the word of God (Ephesians 6:17).

So when the body is about to be led into a sinful action by some fear or craving, we are to take the sword of the Spirit and kill that fear and that craving. In my experience, that means mainly severing the root of sin’s promise by the power of a superior promise.

So, for example, when I begin to crave some illicit sexual pleasure, the sword-swing that has often severed the root of this promised pleasure is: “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” (Matthew 5:8). I recall the pleasures I have tasted of seeing God more clearly from an undefiled conscience; and I recall the brevity and superficiality and oppressive aftertaste of sin’s pleasures, and with that, God has killed the conquering power of sin.

It is a beautiful thing to be the instrument of God’s word-wielding power to kill sin.

Having promises at hand that suit the temptation of the hour is one key to successful warfare against sin. But there are times when we don’t have a perfectly suited word from God in our minds. And there is no time to look through the Bible for a tailor-made promise.

So we all need to have a small arsenal of general promises ready to use whenever fear or craving threaten to lead us astray.
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
04ctd

trying to catch up after some vacation,

Accepting My Design

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?" (Romans 9:21).

Have you ever wished that God made you differently? Perhaps you wished you were more athletic or could have a totally different career. Or perhaps you wished you were prettier or taller or even have a different nose.

God made every person differently and for different purposes. Not everyone is made to be in the public eye. Some are made to serve behind the scenes. It is important to know and be at peace with how and why God made you.

Paul tells us in Romans that we are all crafted out of the same clay. There is no one molded and shaped like you, No one has the exact personality as you. Your DNA is one of a kind.

God uses the common to produce the uncommon. No matter how inferior you may feel you are in a particular area, God desires to use you for His purposes. Your unique qualities are made to fit with the way He plans to use you for His purposes. This is why we must accept our uniqueness. We want His power to be manifested in our uniqueness.

Thank God today for the way He made you.
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #10
04ctd

i like it when someone can do a short devotion, he did good on this one:

Truth

Romans 3: 3 - 4 “For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? 4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightiest be justified in thy sayings, and mightiest overcome when thou art judged."

What is Truth? Truth is God's Holy Word. Anything other than that is a Lie! Many say they are standing on Truth, but the fact is many are standing on the lies of MAN! I ask you today, where are you standing? Are you standing on every word of God or are you standing on the lies, the Ways of mankind. Oh dear friends, believe me, there is a way that you may think that is the way of TRUTH, but if it does not line up with the Word of GOD, it is the way, the lie of mankind. Proverbs 14: 12 clearly tell us, "There is a WAY which seemeth RIGHT unto a man, but the ends thereof are the WAYS OF DEATH."
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:02 AM   #11
04ctd

everyone i have talked to lately has a problem running off at the mouth, me included, preacher preached on this sunday morning, and I reread it twice this AM while cooking sausage egg & pepper jack cheese biskets.

James 3

New International Version (NIV)

Taming the Tongue

3 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

Two Kinds of Wisdom

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...+3&version=NIV
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #12
04ctd

The Final Battle

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war (Revelation 19:11-12).

I used to love old western movies growing up. So often the main characters would get into trouble and just in the nick of time the cavalry would show up blowing their trumpet and riding their horses to announce their arrival to save those in trouble.

Throughout our lives a battle is waged between satan and God's Kingdom. There is a final battle coming that will see Jesus and His army invades the enemies of His kingdom. It is the great climax to thousands of years of warfare.

"He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS" (Revelation 19:12-16).

We are all moving toward a day in which we will be judged: "The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books" (Revelation 20:12-13). Ultimately, we will all reign with Christ in a new heaven and earth (Revelation 21). How you live your life now will determine your role in the new heaven and earth.

Your life on earth is a mere blink on the scale of time. Whatever hardships you've faced on earth will pale in comparison to the glory that is to be revealed when the marriage of the Bride of Christ takes place on that final day.

Be faithful. Stand firm. And see the glory of the Lord. Amen.
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #13
04ctd

these guys live here in Ladson, too, theres alot going on in our town

LMK what you think of todays:

http://e-biblestudy-philandpattimoor...-that-god.html

Proverbs 24:28-29 let us know that God is not happy with the phrase, "I don't get back, I get even." Revenge is not a good thing.

Prov 16:11
Honest scales and balances are from the LORD; all the weights in the bag are of his making.
God judges according to His standard. When we stand before the throne at the judgment, He will balance the scales. It will make no difference how much or how little our sins may be on our side of the scales; Jesus balances them by His shed blood. What an amazing Savior we have!

Prov 22:28
Do not move an ancient boundary stone set up by your forefathers.
Ps 16:6
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
Praise God, He has set boundaries for us. To know where those boundaries are, we only need to go to the "ancient paths"
Jer 6:16
This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'If only we would learn to walk in the "good way" and ask for the ancient paths.

Proverbs 24:11-12
Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?
We couldn't help but think of the Holocaust victims being led away to death or the abortion clinics, doctors, and technicians. But also think about those people who do not know Jesus. They are being led away toward eventual slaughter, to eternal death. We can't plead ignorance. We must be willing to share our faith at all times to all people.

--
Posted By Patti to 3 - e-bible study - phil and patti moore at 5/22/2014 06:00:00 AM
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #14
Blue Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ctd View Post
these guys live here in Ladson, too, theres alot going on in our town
John, Do you know them? Just wondering.

Street Turtle - 08 Shelby GT500
Daily Driver - 13 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Track Star - 68 F100
Blue Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #15
04ctd

yeah, sent you a PM.

back to Glenn:

Pray for Those in Authority

"I urge, then, first of all, requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all men; for kings and those in authority" (1 Timothy 2:1).

In 1 Timothy 2:1 Paul exhorts his young protégé to make prayer and intercession for those in authority the first work of the church.

Whereas we once thought of those in politics, military, religion, and economics as controlling the earth, today we recognize the enormous influence wielded by those in the workplace. Our mindsets are changing; those in the workplace, including business leaders, we now include as those in authority. They, too, are among those Paul exhorted Timothy to cover in prayer.

God is transferring His anointing to be placed upon all saints to get the job done. This is requiring the local church to give more focus on equipping men and women to live out their faith in the workplace. The modern day Church is in a major shift! It is not surprising that the Lord would begin to move in this way. If we are going to see a major harvest in the last days, it will have to come through the largest segment of the body of Christ - those who are Christ's representatives in government, business, and education.

The book of Acts records Lydia, a businesswoman, as God's instrument to introduce the gospel to Europe. The Ethiopian eunuch who was in charge of the treasury of Candace, "Queen of the Ethiopians", introduced the gospel to Africa. Peter launched the gospel into the gentile world through Cornelius, a Roman centurion. And three "workplace ministers" reached Europe, Africa, and the gentiles. These examples indicate the importance of the workplace influence and why intercession is so important for leaders in places of authority.

Today, pray for those leaders in government, business and education
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #16
04ctd

Whenever & Wherever

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

There is a great scene in the movie Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade. Indiana is searching for the Holy Grail, following cryptic instructions in a journal developed by his father and others from years of research. As he approaches the end of the search, he is faced with a “bottomless” gorge that must be crossed. The only instruction for dealing with the challenge is “It takes a step - or leap - of faith”.

The Bible is full of stories of men and women who were challenged to take a step of faith: Noah to build a boat – a huge boat – before he had ever seen rain; Abram left his home without knowing where God was going to lead him; Peter stepped out on the water … and a whole lot of other stories in between.

Can you identify? God may not have taken you to the edge, but I can’t imagine if you are in the business world that you haven’t heard His challenge to step out in faith – to trust Him with your business, to become more bold in standing for Christ in your marketplace, to take your business skills into the world for Kingdom purposes … perhaps He even asked you to trust Him enough to let Him sell your / His company.

I’ve heard all of those … and every time that step into the “unknown” has led to solid footing, and to even greater opportunity to trust and obey.

Of course, there is the other side of that decision – hearing God’s challenge but – for whatever reason – choosing not to follow. I’ve done that, too, and experienced the disappointment of realizing I missed God’s best.

That’s a great reason to periodically remind each other of the ways God most frequently speaks to you and me:

The Bible– A love letter, an instruction manual, a road map … all of the above and more … but most importantly an eternal resource that is “living and active” (Hebrews 4:12) and all of which is God-breathed, inspired by Him for teaching, correction, training and equipping (2Timothy 3:16).

Prayer – Since a real, vital prayer life includes two-way communication, learning to listen for God’s voice – for His Spirit speaking to your spirit – what He says to you and me as we seek direction is an essential part of knowing His will.

Other Believers – Especially your spouse! In a multitude of counselors there is wisdom (Proverbs 15:22; 20:18).

Circumstances – Always note that this is the last on the list. Just because something looks good, or it seems to make sense – even good business sense – that does not mean it is from God! My experience is that the “open door” approach to discerning God’s will is risky – God is not the only one who opens doors and creates circumstances that can look tempting. The best way to evaluate whether God is in the circumstances is if they line up with the first 3 resources.

The bottom line is that, when you hear God – however He chooses to speak into your life – the best course of action is to take that step of obedience and trust Him. Trust His promises, trust His character, trust His sovereign ability to work all things together for good because you love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). You don’t want to go through life asking yourself “What if ….” questions. I know I certainly don’t.

That is why I have chosen to follow God’s challenge once again, and step out, even when the next step is not as clear as my personal and business mind would like it to be. Never-the-less, especially as I move toward the last chapters of my life, I don’t want to risk missing God’s best. He’s been building into me for decades, and every step has been preparation for the next … and, I just can’t wait to see what that will be this time!!

To every man and woman whom God has called to the vision of leading your life or company for Christ – now is the time to listen for God’s challenge, and to take that step of your own – whatever that may look like – you won’t regret it … and God will be smiling.

Stepping out with Confidence!
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #17
04ctd

You Have an Anointing

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit - just as it has taught you, remain in him" (1 John 2:27).

Do you know your anointing? An anointing is a gift that functions easily when it is operating in you to benefit others and the Kingdom of God. If one has to "work it up" one has probably gone outside one's anointing.

One area that I have a God-given anointing is in networking. I have never sought to develop such an anointing. But I know a LOT of people. Despite being an introvert by nature, God has connected me with people all around the world. Many times people call me about something and my natural response is, "Oh, you need to contact so and so. He can help you with that." A mentor once said to me, "Your inheritance is in relationships." What he was saying is that my anointing is in relationships and networking.

Where do you move naturally in your life? What do you do that you don't have to work at it? Chances are that is your anointing. God wants you to walk in the anointing He has given to you.
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #18
04ctd

I like the thought of this, that you were put SOMEWHERE to do SOMETHING that will make a "forever" difference in someone's life:

Esther, For Such a Time as This

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14-15).

Esther was a Jewish orphan living in the land of Persia after her people were taken into captivity from Jerusalem. Raised by her cousin Mordecai, she lived during the time of King Xerxes who reigned over Persia that stretched from India to Ethiopia. An edict was sent out to bring all the virgins to the king's palace from the surrounding regions to replace Queen Vashti who found disfavor with the king and was deposed. Esther was one of the young women taken and was ultimately selected to be the next queen.

Mordecai had a high ranking position in the government that allowed him to learn of a plot by Haman, an official of the king, to kill all of the Jews.

Now, the only way this edict would not be carried out was if Esther asked for an audience with the king to request that the plot be abandoned on her behalf. However, to request an audience before the king was a serious matter. If he refused to give her audience, the penalty was immediate death.

It was at this time she made her famous statement, "If I die, I die." Esther realized this could be the reason God created her - to save her people from destruction. However, out of concern for Esther, Mordecai explained the situation to her, "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish." Mordecai was giving her a choice. Either she will be used by God or someone else will be used to save their people.

Everyday you and I are given a choice in our workplace and our lives. Are we willing to be the person God uses to impact the future destiny of a people? Many of us are silent Christians simply letting the status quo reign while we sit quietly by watching. Who knows that you were created for such a time as this to be a catalyst to stand in the gap for some situation in your workplace or community or nation.

Be faithful to your calling.
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #19
04ctd

Follow Him in Humility

by Dr. K.P. Yohannan

"You learn from Me. And My qualification for being your example is that I am humble" (see Matthew 11:29).

A well-known preacher flies into town for a citywide crusade. He expects to be greeted at the airport by a delegation of prestigious pastors. Instead, an old taxi driver holding a piece of cardboard with the preacher's name misspelled waits at baggage claim and then drops him off at a second-class hotel. The room is small, the bed uncomfortable, the service lousy, and there is not even a fruit basket or welcome note. When no one calls or takes him out to dinner, he feels deeply offended and says to himself, "How dare they treat me like this? Don't they know who I am? They don't deserve my ministry. That's the last time I'm coming to this place."

The next morning, however, all his honor and good fortunes are quickly restored after the organizers discover that their guest speaker had become a victim of miscommunication.

Could it be that this incident was not an unfortunate mix-up, but rather the Lord testing His servant's humility? After all, He had sent this man to represent Himself, the Christ of the New Testament. And in the Gospels, we see so clearly that Jesus was genuinely humble in His dealings with others.

The Greatest Glory

Before Jesus went to the cross, the most important thing on His mind was to train up a handful of disciples so they could communicate the Gospel to the whole world. But His approach was not based on fantastic plans, schemes, committee meetings or mega-Madison Avenue strategies. He basically said to His disciples, "You learn from Me. And My qualification for being your example is that I am humble" (see Matthew 11:29).

So Christ alone must be our example of humility. Philippians 2:7-8 describes very well just how humble He was: ". . . but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant and coming in the likeness of men. . . . He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross."

What was the key to Christ's humility? It was deeply rooted in His understanding and accepting the truth that the greatest glory in heaven and on earth, is to be the servant of all. That's the reason why prophetic passages like Isaiah 53 portray Him as a servant, and Psalm 40:8 describes Him saying: "I delight to do Your will, O my God."

A Positive Thing

If there is no greater glory than being a servant of all, then much of our 21st-century Church is miles away from the pattern Christ left us. Our worldly view of glory is precisely where we need to get our understanding set straight.

The moment we realize that it is God's will for us to follow Christ's humility, we often get this negative feeling that we are about to become a broken, selfless creature everyone can trample on.

However, the humility God calls us to is far more than being broken from our pride and sin. It is something entirely positive and wonderful. It is participating in the very nature of Jesus.

Pride caused Lucifer, the most beautiful, powerful and intelligent angel, to fall and become satan, who led man into sin. And it was Christ's humility that saved and lifted fallen man from the pit of hell to sit on His throne with Him. Shouldn't that be the reason for our desire to follow Christ's humility above all else?

It Begins with One Step

When we seek to become like Christ, we often start by making a long list of spiritual exercises we plan to do to make it happen. However, the foundation of becoming like Christ in humility—as well as in all other virtues—begins with this one step: "Take My yoke upon you" (Matthew 11:29).

If I carry a yoke on my neck, it means that I no longer stand up straight. I once saw a postcard with the words "Not I, but Christ" written on it. To illustrate, the artist had drawn a man standing up tall inside the letter "I." Then he drew the same man inside the letter "C," but now the man had to bend over to fit.

This humility of Christ will not become a reality in my life by accident, by wishing for it, by studying about it or by fasting and praying for it. It only comes by my deliberate willingness to obey what Jesus told me to do: to take His yoke upon me. That means from now on, Jesus and I are yoked together. Where He goes, I go; where He turns, I turn; when He stops to comfort a widow, bless a child or wash His disciples' feet, I do the same.

As I learn from Him how to walk under His yoke, I discover that the yoke is easy and my heart is at peace. And by submitting to His yoke and imitating Him, His gentleness and humility will become mine.

My dear friend, will you take this first step today and decide to take His yoke upon you? There is no other way to develop the humility that represents the Lord Jesus
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #20
04ctd

Seekers of God

"God looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God." Psalm 53:2

Are you a man or woman who is a seeker of God? The Lord delights in seeing those children of His who truly understand the meaning of life and why there is only one thing worth seeking, God Himself.

I can always tell when I have not been seeking God. The cares of this life, the urgent over the important, and the petty irritations, these are the symptoms of a life that has not been in the presence of God.

Do we understand, really understand? That is the question God raises to each of us today. If we understand, then why do we spend day after day toiling and fretting over what doesn't matter? Can we set proper boundaries in our lives that don't allow our time with Him to be continually stolen away? It is a challenge in a world that screams "activity, activity!"

Do you have a consistent time of seeking Him in your life? Are you committed to developing that intimacy with your Lord that He so desires? If not, ask Him today to help you. This is the longing of His heart. Ask Him to make it the longing of your heart. Then you will demonstrate to Him that you understand, and you will be a seeker of God.
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.